Alcohol & Drugs: DUI, DWI DUI dismissal affecting SR22 requirement

taylormhanson

Jurisdiction
California
Hi, I read another thread regarding this issue and the question was just the same as mine; is it possible to not have to complete the SR22 if a DUI case is dismissed after a year?
The other thread explained it should not be possible as the DMV is separate from the court system and if no APS was attempted within the 10 days after receiving Notice of Suspension pink paper, then the DMV has their own record of the defendant and as such requires things like SR22 and a reinstatement fee for a restricted license.
The thing that confuses me, is that the person who posted the question replied after the year was up and their case dismissed, saying that they didn't need to provide the SR22 and everything was fine.
I'm curious as to how this person was able to avoid the DMV's requirements.
- Thanks!

Never believe anything you read posted on the Internet by an anonymous dude, including this warning posted by another anonymous dude.

Be smart, complete the program as instructed, or hire yourself a trusted lawyer.

Speak with the DA office. I believe there is a firf they can submit notifying the DMV that the charge was dismissed. That should get you going.

Back