abandonment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramenjenn

please define "child abandonment" as it pertains to Florida family law.
Also "extreme disinterest"
just to be clear and knowledgeable on this.

please define "child abandonment" as it pertains to Florida family law.
Also "extreme disinterest"
just to be clear and knowledgeable on this.

This is the definition given in the statutes, but it pertains to children who are being placed in state custody:
http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes...ing=&URL=0000-0099/0039/Sections/0039.01.html

39.01 Definitions.—When used in this chapter, unless the context otherwise requires:
(1) "Abandoned" or "abandonment" means a situation in which the parent or legal custodian of a child or, in the absence of a parent or legal custodian, the caregiver, while being able, makes no provision for the child's support and has failed to establish or maintain a substantial and positive relationship with the child. For purposes of this subsection, "establish or maintain a substantial and positive relationship" includes, but is not limited to, frequent and regular contact with the child through frequent and regular visitation or frequent and regular communication to or with the child, and the exercise of parental rights and responsibilities. Marginal efforts and incidental or token visits or communications are not sufficient to establish or maintain a substantial and positive relationship with a child. The term does not include a surrendered newborn infant as described in s. 383.50, a "child in need of services" as defined in chapter 984, or a "family in need of services" as defined in chapter 984. The incarceration of a parent, legal custodian, or caregiver responsible for a child's welfare may support a finding of abandonment.

Where did you find 'extreme disinterest' in the statutes?

i didnt find extreme disinterest in there thats why i asked i was told that along with abandonment extreme disinterest was "grounds for termination" but i have been reading through legal statues and its harder than i though it'd be to understand it all exactly

...and once again, it doesn't apply to YOUR situation.

You CANNOT have Dad voluntarily terminate his rights, or you have them terminated yourself, WITHOUT either the State being involved or a stepparent adoption.

OP, you're confusing "support" and "parental rights" and. "parental disinterest ".

I'll make it very easy for you.

No court can force any parent to visit or take an interest in their child.

The court can't even force a parent to pay support.
Support can be ordered.
But, if a deadbeat never works, then it'll never be paid.
That isn't to say that such a deadbeat won't be sanctioned.
Nonetheless, there are millions of recalcitrant, disinterested, non-paying parents. Sad, but true.

This is why one must choose carefully before they procreate.

For unwed mothers, however, many are better off nit informing the deadbeat if they become pregnant.

I suspect that is why many unwed moms of my era never told the deadbeat he was a possible dad. They often up and moved away, raising their child alone. Some eventually remarried, had other children and lived great lives.

Others dedicated their lives to their one child. They never married and live alone today. Some appear happy, others, often look sad and troubled.

I wish you well.

AJ, Mom is not happy that Dad dumped her while she was pregnant with #2 (who is not yet born).

This is less about him being a deadbeat - there are no court orders in place so he has NO obligation whatsoever at this point - than it is about her trying to punish him.

AJ, Mom is not happy that Dad dumped her while she was pregnant with #2 (who is not yet born).

This is less about him being a deadbeat - there are no court orders in place so he has NO obligation whatsoever at this point - than it is about her trying to punish him.

Sad, very sad.
Twice bitten?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Hell hath no fury, and all that!

Very sad for the kiddies though. Daddy wants no part, and Mommy wants no Daddy involved at all. That's just lose/lose for the babies. :(

being that there is not ANY involvement from him in his kids life then how can u say im doing this to "punish him", how exactly will this punish him?
stop trying to pull someones character into things when you dont know shit about me. you may be mean and vengful but not everyone is, some people just want to do EVERYTHING in their power to protect their kids from their former mistakes.
And I'm not mad he left me, I'm mad him leaving caused his son to cry everytime he heard the word daddy! or that i cant show my son a picture of his dad without him crying for 20 min.

being that there is not ANY involvement from him in his kids life then how can u say im doing this to "punish him", how exactly will this punish him?
stop trying to pull someones character into things when you dont know shit about me. you may be mean and vengful but not everyone is, some people just want to do EVERYTHING in their power to protect their kids from their former mistakes.
And I'm not mad he left me, I'm mad him leaving caused his son to cry everytime he heard the word daddy! or that i cant show my son a picture of his dad without him crying for 20 min.

Your son is not yet 2.

Please don't try to tell us that the mention of a mere word is causing such distress. You're projecting.

first of all you didnt answer my question.

And your telling me that I'm the reason that my son father leaving has effected him so badly, cause I am projecting my feelings on to him?
Right! it has nothing to do with the fact that the man he called daddy disappeared suddenly.
No, your right because he is young it couldnt possibly be that.

Actually - yes, it likely is because of your feelings. Nobody is saying that the child can't be affected by his father leaving - but remember, YOU are the one claiming that Dad has never been around much. So we're trusting your word. If Dad has NEVER really been around, then how is his leaving going to affect him? Seriously. You're claiming that the mere showing him of a photograph is so traumatizing that it makes him cry for 20 minutes. If that's actually the truth, your son needs some help - NOW. Because that's NOT normal for a 1 year old child - even one whose parent has actually died.

And yes, the psychologists and parenting experts will verify that if you want to check independently.

None of this really matters though. You're not going to be getting Dad's rights terminated any time soon - end of story.

That's just the legal reality.

you know nothing about child psychology because it is very normal for a child that age to have separation issues.
and i didnt say he was never there i said HE WALKED OUT ON US.
If you know a child that is a year old and their parent died and they didnt react at least that badly then THEY NEED SERIOUS HELP
children of that age need a stable environment.
your last post shows just how stupid and how much of an ass you are

OH and you still havent answered my question that I repeated in the last post I made about when you said i was trying to punish my ex.
you keep assuming things and the more you assume the more you look stupid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back