Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft please help. caught shoplifting

Status
Not open for further replies.

anita321

I am 25 and I was caught shoplifting 80 dollars worth in a store.I was arrested and taken to jail. Im scared because i dont know what to do. I am a stay at home mom and I am very angry with myself. I Knew better. And here i sit wondering if im going to have to go to jail. Well i was wondering even though i know that i am guilty, should i plead not guilty just to get a lawyer? Im scared that if i plead guilty that i will be cuffed and hawled off to jail. I feel so stupid and regret my actions. I have learned from this and will never do it again. I am so scared. I cried the whole time i was in jail. and even now im starting to get tears. Im terrified of the outcome of this.. My questions are.. What can i expect from the judge.? Do they usually hand out the worst sentence for first offenders? Will the judge say what he is guna sentence me to, before i enter a plea?

Yes you should talk to a Lawyer many offer free consultations. When you do ask them about Diversion as possible plea option. I do find it odd you were taken to jail though as its the norm to cite and release for petty theft. What state did this happen in and did you have an ID or criminal history?

Im in New Mexico. I was booked and had to bail out of jail. No my record is clean or it was until now. Do you mean a identification card? Yes i gave them my drivers liscense. And the police officer said that i had nothing on my record. But still arrested me and took me in.

Thanks.
Im still scared. I know what i did was wrong. and i will not ever do this again. Im going to have to get a public defender. Hopefully i wont get arrested again. thanks again.

Just because you getting a public defender does not mean not to get consultations I mentioned. In fact it would be wise to do so so you have some knowledge before meeting public defender.

By the way why would you get arrested 'again"?!

When I went to court,, i was really scared. But All that i had to do was pay a fine. I will never, ever, shoplift again. When the cops took me to jail, i was so mortified. All i kept thinking of, was my Daughter. I will always have a record, but i can say that this is something that I have learned from and I Will never take something that isnt mine. I wish that i could say that it didnt happen, but i think that it only made me a stronger person. I no i did wrong! So therfor i will never make a mistake like this onee again.

i am in the same situation as you, please give me some detail on what happened in the court. Did it get concluded in the first court? Did you accept that you were guilty rightaway?
thanks!

John said:
i am in the same situation as you, please give me some detail on what happened in the court. Did it get concluded in the first court? Did you accept that you were guilty rightaway?
thanks!

John have you thought of starting your own topic? This way you can get answers to your specific issue. Laws vary as do cases so what happens with one user may not apply in your case

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back