Shop lifting

Status
Not open for further replies.

redfred3345

So I got caught returning unpaid items and putting through coupons that didn't exist. I got a civil demand letter after I agreed to pay the company back. They didn't take down my license number. Just my date of birth and home address. Can I still be put in the retail theft database? I start a job at (a store) tomorrow, do the use the database system?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, it's possible you still will be put in a retail theft database depending on factors such as if the store if a member of the database. I removed the name of new employer for your protection - names of employers should not be posted. I don't know what employers are members of various theft databases.

There is a member of this forum who does have some retail theft database information re members. If he comes along, he "might" allow you to contact him & ask about your new employer.

Yes I have knowledge of who uses these databases. However since I consult for both accused persons (like yourself) and the retailers I cannot divulge that info publically. email me at retailtheftexpert@gmail.com with name of store that caught you and new employer and I can tell you if either or both use any such database. I can say that if you were already hired and that retailer does use such a database your name was already run and wont be run again unless your up for promotion or the like

Thanks shrinkmaster for helping OP.

Keep in mind the database is not the only way an employer might find out about your past behavior. all it takes is a former coworker to know someone at the new store or your new employer calling the old for a reference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back